Monday, June 10, 2013

One Week Past Surgery

Today is the 7 day mark since I had the tumor removed from my leg.  I see the doctor tomorrow for my follow up.  Hopefully she will have some information in regards to what exactly that thing was inside of my leg.  The last week has not come without its challenges.  The hardest thing I have encountered is the inability to bend my left knee.  I'm able to walk with no major problem but you really don't think about how much you do something as simple as bend your knee until you can't do it.  Getting into my truck has become a process involving sitting down with my legs still outside the vehicle and then swinging myself to the correct position.  The time it takes to walk up and down stairs has doubled because I can only step up with the right leg and then follow with the left leg on the same step rather than each foot take the next ascending step.  I never realized how much stuff we actually keep on the bottom shelf of my fast food job until this weekend when it was impossible for me to reach down and get it.  I'm happy the surgery was successful and look forward to continued recovery progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment