Friday, June 21, 2013

Time for a Change

I pride myself on being loyal to companies.  I've had the same car insurance and cell phone provider for over a decade.  I worked my first job at a grocery store in high school and even returned during holidays and summers through college.  I have been with my current part time company for over 12 years and (if i can hang on) will be with my current full time employer 6 years in August.  I'm really starting to wonder if I am going to make it to the 6 year mark.  The dynamic of my job is changing and I am not liking the current vibe. My company continues to be reactive rather than proactive.  Everybody wants to point fingers but no one wants to claim responsibility for the problems we have and offer logical solutions.  It seems like we keep putting bandages on a deep cut rather than stitching the wound and giving it the proper time to heal.  I'm at the point where days like yesterday make me question how much I like my job.  I think it may be time to start seriously looking for other options.  I know it is impossible to be productive at a place I am unhappy.  It may be time to change my scenery so I can see a brighter future.

No comments:

Post a Comment