Monday, June 3, 2013

When You're Gone

They buried my deceased co-worker this past Saturday.  The funeral home allowed friends and family to view the body on Friday.  I went to see him and to pay my last respects.  Another co-worker went with me to "provide support" as she put it, in case I couldn't bear the sight of him in the casket.  I told her I would be very brief.  I walked in, looked at the body and commented about him looking a little bigger than I last remember.  I also talked about his yellow shirt and tie.  Dressed to the nines as I always remember him.  I said I know he has moved on to a better place and I took my leave.  It's still hard to believe he's gone.  I heard somewhere in the past a man's worth can be measured by the length of the line at his funeral procession. Based on the signatures in his guestbook when I saw the body, my friend was worth gold to a lot of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment