Monday, June 17, 2013

Support System

One of my co-workers went thru a serious situation with her husband last week.  Things became so intense, she came to me for advice.  Acting as part of her support system, I recommended she leave the house for a couple of days until the situation calmed down.  Her parents, acting as the main part of her support system, allowed her and the kids to stay with them over the weekend.  Due to this, the husband saw the err of his ways and changed his tune.  I used to think I had a great support system.  I say "used to" because while helping her this weekend, I realized my options for support have become somewhat limited.  I can still always go to family.  The other two main components of my old support system are no longer available.  One friend moved away to pursue a career in another city.  I haven't talked to the other friend in a month.  Good news is that I have not had any of those do or die crisis pop up recently.  My old support system is currently on life support. It may be time to start looking into alternative support options, if there are any out there that fit my strict criteria.  

No comments:

Post a Comment