Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Memories Back Then

There is currently a song out featuring T.I., B.o.B and Kendrick Lamar called "Memories Back Then."  Every time I hear the song, I start thinking about my past.  I'm usually the type of person that lives in the moment and plans on the future although it's not promised.  Unfortunately, my current life status makes the future look dismal at times.  I prefer to think back to yesteryear. Back to when I was in grade school when my only concern was getting good grades and getting toys.  Back to high school where, even though I wasn't one of the cool kids with the rich parents and the big house, I still fit in and held my own.  Back to the last few years of my life which were changed forever by a very special person to me.  I know people say you have to let the past go and move on.  I just refuse to let go of the wonderful memories I have from back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment