Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Another Lonely Holiday

Today is the 4th of July.  It's the day we celebrate the independence of our country.  It's a day off of work for many people.  It's also a chance for families to come together and enjoy each other's  company.  Weather permitting, it is a great chance for some fun in the sun.  I remember when I was younger, the 4th of July meant an awesome barbeque and my grandmother's house.  Uncles and cousins drinking budweiser and playing cards.  Watergun fights for the kids.  Fun times.  This 4th of July I am home alone waiting to go to work.  My wife and kids left yesterday to spend the rest of the week at her mother's house.  I guess I should look at it as the silver lining on a cloud because I can try to get some housework done without interference.  I am a loner for the most part because I grew up an only child but every now and then, I feel the need for companionship.  Every now and then, I don't like dealing with another lonely holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment