Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Total Loss

I spoke with my auto insurance agent today about the collision last week because the website informed me the determination of liability was complete.  He informed me that we are going to go ahead and say I was at fault for the accident.  That means my insurance will cover the repair of the other vehicle(s) and his/her medical costs.  It also means that once this is done, that’s it.  The other drivers cannot get anything else from me.  Turns out that the other driver I contacted went to the hospital and had a little bruising.  He had $1300 worth to be exact.  Also turns out that his 2000 model year car was a total loss.  The cost to repair would have been around $4000.  The value of the car was only $2800 so my insurance will be cutting him a check.  We are still waiting to see if the 3rd person involved will seek any monetary compensation. Good news once again is that no one was seriously injured.  I’ll take the total loss of a car over the loss of a life any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment