Wednesday, July 4, 2012

When Someone Cares

When someone cares, they try to know as much about you as possible.  When someone cares, they know the stuff that's not public knowledge.  They know the intricate details about your life.  The reason they know so much is because they have expressed a genuine interest in who you are and what makes you unique.  I was reminded of this last night.  I was hanging out with a close friend and started feeling bad due to my blood sugar being low.  As soon as the words left my mouth, she sprang into action like a superhero.  Knowing that I am diabetic, she keeps a supply of glucose tablets in case I ever need them.  My wife doesn't even do that for me.  I took a few of the tablets and started feeling better.  That's the mark of a true friend.  That's how you know someone cares about you.  That's how you know someone loves you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment