Tuesday, July 17, 2012

WTF - We Need Milk

Since she was unable to enjoy all of the excursions on her vacation last month, my wife was due a refund of about $100 from the company.  When the money hit her account, she asked if she should fill up her vehicle.  I agreed this was a good idea because our daughters and still involved in summer activities and I did not want to pay for gas.  She told me she would pick up a few groceries with the leftover money after getting gas.  The following day I came home between jobs to get my work clothes.  I walked in the house and the first words out of her mouth were "we need milk."  I looked puzzled.  Leftover on the table from the night before were cups from a local fast food restaurant.  She went on to explain that we were actually out of milk a couple of days ago because they could not complete the hamburger helper recipe.  WTF?? How in the hell do you get money and go to the store to get groceries but miss key items?  Furthermore, why in the hell are you wasting money on fast food and not getting essential items for the house?  This shit is getting beyond old.  I don't know how much more I can take.  The more I talk to people, the more tempted I am to see a therapist.  Problem is:  I can't afford to be committed to anybody psych ward right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment