Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Something I'm Hiding

We all have secrets.  There are things about us that very few people, if any, know about us.  We keep those things to ourselves for a variety of reasons.  Usually it is because we are unsure how people around us will react to the information.  I am usually a very personable individual.  I like having fun and pride myself on not stressing over things because life is too short.  Stress will only assist in making life shorter.  I like to joke a lot and use sarcasm whenever possible.  It's just who I am.  But there is another side to me.  A side I keep hidden for a reason.  Opposite my usually positive demeanor is a cold, calculating, straight to the point asshole.  That side of me is the truly emotionless side. Growing up in my environment, I had to develop a "I don't give a fuck" attitude to gain respect.  I learned to tweak that so I could be respected and approachable.  Problem is, what people experience today is a very toned down version of that asshole that I keep hidden inside of me.  With all of the challenges I am starting to face in life with work and family, it is getting harder and harder to keep him at bay.  He almost got out at work Sunday.  Luckily I caught it before it was too late.  I don't want people that I like to have to deal with the something I'm hiding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment