Friday, July 20, 2012

When I Get on My Soapbox

Every now and then I get on my soapbox.  I stand up and start preaching for anyone willing to listen.  Like any good pastor, my message is directed to a particular person or individuals but anyone can benefit from my words.  Last night I pulled a soapbox on my wife.  She was laying on the couch reading a book when I approached her about our current financial situation.  I told her that I thought it was really fucked up that she spent time playing on Facebook searching for and sending friend requests to her ex-boyfriend but she couldn’t find time to look for a job.  I reminded her that I could not financially take care of all the household bills by myself.  I reminded her that the idea of running a daycare from home would not work unless she got off her ass to find out about local child care laws and if she did not clean and childproof the house.  Otherwise, it was a lawsuit waiting to happen.  I don’t know if it was the coffee she drank late yesterday evening or my speech but she hopped on the computer and put in applications for several places.  We’ll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment