Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Honesty May Not Always Be The Best Policy

First, a little background for those just joining in.  I traded my old car in for a newer model back in October.  Being financially unstable at the time of purchase, I decided to use the old tag on the new vehicle because it was still good until the end of the year.  Yes, I know that is dishonest but unless you, the reader, plan on giving me the money for a tag, let's move on.  I finally decided to go get my new tag today.  I went into the office and explained to the lady about the new vehicle and asked could I keep my same tag because it was personalized.  The young lady said sure and proceeded to start processing the tag. I had a feeling the tag would be expensive but I didnt imagine it would cost me $500.  Add to that, the fact that since the vehicle was purchased in October, she set the tag to expire in October 2012.  So for all my trying to do the right thing, I got a tag that expires in 10 months. Sometimes, honest is not the best policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment