Friday, January 6, 2012

Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth

Any fan of the WWE knows where that quote comes from.  I have thinking about a lot of things with the beginning of the year.  One thing that I keep revisiting is people's roles in my life and the role I play in theirs.  I spoke to a co-worker and explained I planned to start the year off with no friends.  By that I meant that no one would have that A1 status in my book.  No one would have that drop whatever I'm doing so I can rescue them status.  I wanted people to earn my friendship this year because 2011 saw people straddle the friendship fence.  Sometimes we were friends because it was convenient.  That's not the definition of a true friend.  We are on day 6 of this new year and I am already having trouble putting people into categories.  Some people, who were friends in 2011, have already proven their friendship in 2012.  Others are trying real hard.  Some friends and associates from 2011, I have yet to have an interaction with.  Regardless of their status in 2011, I just need everyone in my life to know their role and play their part accordingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment