Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Two Times in One Week

I meant to post this over the weekend but have been so tired that I couldn't do anything but work and sleep.  Last Friday I had another hypoglycemic episode.  That was the second one within five days.  This time it happened at my fast food job.  My hand started to cramp up but I just blew it off.  When the pain continued for several minutes to the point I was unable to utilize my hand, I realized I was in trouble.  I thought my blood glucose was too high but there was something strange about my symptoms.  Then I started shaking.  That could only mean one thing - my blood glucose was too low.  A quick check on my meter confirmed it.  I grabbed a soda and waited for the sugar in it to take effect.  A little while later, all was well once again in my world.  I'm still worried however.  I rarely have low blood glucose.  And this time it took me a while to determine in it was high or low blood sugar.  Maybe that is my wake up call to start managing my disease better.  Two times in one week is too many chances for a trip to ICU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment