Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, Same Ole Shit

Anybody that really knows me, knows that I don't do New Year's resolutions.  To me, they are a joke.  Why wait until the start of a new year to make a change for the better.  If you are going to change, go ahead and do it.  With that being said, I felt I had set things in motion at the end of 2011, to make things better in my life in 2012.  I thought I had laid a solid foundation to build on and to progress towards goals I wanted to achieve.  Apparently, my foundation was weak.  Four days into the new year and I am worse off than I was in 2011.  And it's my own damn fault.  Rather than being stern and sticking to my guns, I folded and continue to let people walk over me.  I let my wife do some of the dumbest shit ever.  Then once she has had her fun and caused stress in my life, I fix her mistake.  That's how it has been for quite a while.  A part of me really wants to let her fall flat on her face and suffer every single consequence she is due.  The other part refuses to let her fuck-ups affect our children.  It's a vicious cycle.  I tried talking to her at the end of 2011 about things we needed to do to have a good year in 2012.  Obviously, I was talking to myself because she has already royally destroyed any chance of progress I hoped to achieve this year.  How the hell do you start the new year off half a grand in the hole?  And how do you keep spending money when you have no additional income?  We're four days into 2012 but I feel like I'm stuck in 2011.  New Year, Same Ole Shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment