Monday, January 9, 2012

Too Proud to Beg

Pride can be an awesome thing.  There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your work and your accomplishments.  The problem with pride is that sometimes you have to swallow it and the taste is never a good one.  That is my current dilemma.  I take pride in being a hard worker.  I take pride in busting my ass to care for my family.  But due to my current financial crisis, I am having to swallow my pride and ask for help.  And it is not easy.  I joke with friends and family about how bad the problem is.  Many have offered assistance but I have turned most of them down because pride keeps getting in the way.  I hope this situation takes a turn for the better on payday.  Otherwise, I am going to end up swallowing more than my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment